Friday, February 5, 2010

Mama knew there'd be days like these...

Beckett seems to be turning over a new leaf this past week.  We've been going through the challenging task of dealing with colic.  It's been one of the most difficult things I've ever done!  It's been hard to say the least...many days filled with not only baby tears, but mama tears, too.  Everyone keeps encouraging me that, "this too shall pass."  This week it seems to have passed!   

Yesterday when Garrett got home, I told him, dare I say, that Beckett was laid back the whole day.  He really was!  He's been actually taking naps and not crying very much.  Lately, he's let me put him down, without crying, for 15 minutes to sometimes closer to an hour!! (Definitely helps me to get dinner made or finally work on some laundry!)  He is able to focus easier now and loves to look at lights, toys, his swing's mobile, and his favorite: the Fisher-Price Rainforest Lights and Sounds attachment on his crib.  My favorite time with him is talking and cooing together, sharing smiles, and mimicking each other...



I know next week could look a lot different, but Mama's hoping that these days continue.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! So glad that Beckett is having better days. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur!!! Precious, Lil' Dimple Man!!!

    ReplyDelete